Slightly later than planned, here’s the current list of works which have received at least one nomination in the Best Non-Fiction category.
- The The Wonderful Future That Never Was: Flying Cars, Mail Delivery by Parachute, and Other Predictions from the Past by Gregory Benford (Hearst)
- “Blogging the Hugos” parts 1-4 by Paul Kincaid (Big Other)
- Review of With Both Feet in the Clouds: Fantasy in Hebrew Literature, edited by Hagar Yanai and Danielle Gurevitch, by Abigail Nussbaum
- From Utopia to Apocalypse: Science Fiction and the Politics of Catastrophe by Peter Y Paik (University of Minnesota Press)
- The Outer Alliance Podcast 1, Julia Rios
- Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in Space by Mary Roach (Oneworld Publications)
- Review of The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan, by Adam Roberts (Punkadiddle)
- Red Plenty by Francis Spufford (Faber)
- The Notes From Coode Street podcast, by Jonathan Strahan and Gary K Wolfe
- Chicks Dig Time Lords ed. Lynne M. Thomas and Tara O’Shea. (Mad Norwegian Press)
Some interesting nominations there, notably Red Plenty and the podcasts. Wonder if any of them will make the ballot? But also a relatively small selection compared to some previous years. What’s missing? There’s still time to send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.