- Black Glass by Karen Joy Fowler
- The Kappa Child by Hiromi Goto
- Ammonite by Nicola Griffith
- Saffron and Brimstone by Elizabeth Hand
- Winterlong by Elizabeth Hand
- Nekropolis by Maureen McHugh
This may not look like much, but you have to bear in mind that the con hasn’t actually started yet. It’s just that Madison has a lot of very temptingly-stocked bookshops. Other than bookshopping, today was mostly spent hanging out in the hotel lobby and bar, meeting various people I’ve only ever interacted with before online (e.g. Susan, Dave), enjoying the free cookies and cake from the Governer’s Club bar (don’t tell anyone), and learning exciting book news (Night Shade have a Paolo Bacigalupi collection scheduled for early 2008). I anticipate the whole “meeting people” thing being much easier now that everyone’s started to register and put on their name badges.
Hopefully further updates will follow as the con progresses!