Many thanks to everyone who offered suggestions in the earlier discussion — and here’s the schedule. I’m planning to keep the same arrangement as last year: I’ll post a reminder of the week’s story on a Friday, and then a discussion post on a Sunday that rounds up as much comment as I can find (with a link from thist post to the discussion). And since we went in alphabetical order last time, I figure we’ll go in reverse alphabetical order this time.
Without further ado, then:
- “The Things” by Peter Watts [discussion]
- “Somadeva: A Sky River Sutra” by Vandana Singh [discussion]
- “A Serpent in the Gears” by Margaret Ronald [discussion]
- “Elegy for a Young Elk” by Hannu Rajaniemi [discussion]
- “Second Journey of the Magus” by Ian R MacLeod [discussion]
- “The Red Bride” by Samantha Henderson [discussion]
- “Miguel and the Viatura” by Eric Gregory [discussion]
- “No Time Like the Present” by Carol Emshwiller [discussion]
- “The Cage” by AM Dellamonica [discussion]
- “My Father’s Singularity” by Brenda Cooper [discussion]
- “The Heart of a Mouse” by KJ Bishop [discussion]
- “Stereogram of the Gray Fort, in the Days of Her Glory” by Paul M Berger [discussion]
- “Throwing Stones” by Mishell Baker [discussion]
And there’s a wrap-up discussion here.
44 thoughts on “Short Story Club 2”
You appear to have mislaid the author for “No Time Like the Present.”
I’m looking forward to the forthcoming discussions. I might even try and get a head-start on reading the stories this year, if I can make the time.
Anyone else here use google calendar? Was thinking of making a sharable calendar w/ reminders for this. Will likely do it anyway due to personal overscheduling, but let me know if you’d like an invite or for me to make it public.
I’m excited about your first choice
Evan – the google calendar sounds great. Count me in please :)